Polyethylene terephthalate (pet)
Plastics are indicated for recycling
Plastics are indicated for recycling
"No. 1 "PET is often used in mineral water bottles, carbonated beverage bottles, etc.
Use: heat resistant to 65 ℃, resistant to cold - 20 ℃, only suitable for the warm drink or beverage, hot liquids, or heating is easy to deformation, have RongChu harmful substances. Also, scientists found that after 10 months of use, no. 1 plastic may release the carcinogen DEHP, which is toxic to the testicles.
Therefore, drinks bottles and so on use up throws away, does not use again as the water cup, or USES to do the storage container to load other goods, in order to avoid causes the health question to lose outweighs the gain.
Note: do not recycle hot water from beverage bottles. Not in the car in the sun; Do not fill liquor, oil and other substances.
Fold the HDPE
Fold the PVC
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC)
"No. 3 "PVC is often used in: common raincoat, building materials, plastic film, plastic box, etc. Rarely used in food packaging.
Usage: this material has good plasticity and low price, so it is widely used. When only 80 ℃ heat resistant, high temperature easy to produce harmful substances, even in the process of manufacturing will release toxic substances. If the food into the human body, may cause breast cancer, neonatal birth defects and other diseases. Containers of this material are already used less often to package food. If used, never let it get hot. Difficult to clean and easy to remain, do not recycle. Do not buy drinks if they are packaged.
Caution: do not use in food packaging.
Fold the LDPE
Low density polyethylene
"No. 4 "LDPE is often used in: plastic film, plastic film, etc.
Use: heat resistance is not strong, in general, qualified PE cling film in the hot melt phenomenon occurs when temperature over 110 ℃, can leave some of the human body cannot decompose plastic preparation. The grease in food is also easy to dissolve the harmful substances in the plastic wrap. So before putting food in the microwave, remove the wrap. High temperature produces harmful substances, toxic substances with food into the human body, may cause breast cancer, neonatal congenital defects and other diseases.
Note: microwave food. Do not wrap food in plastic wrap.
PP no.5 is commonly used in: soy milk bottle, yogurt bottle, juice drink bottle, microwave oven meal box.
Use: common as high as 167 ℃, melting point into the microwave oven is the only safe plastic box, can be reused after careful cleaning. Need to pay special attention to, and some of the microwave oven, the box body is on 5 PP manufacturing (microwave special PP high temperature 120 ℃, low temperature resistant - 20 ℃), but the cost is high, the lid is generally not using a dedicated PET manufacturing PP but with no. 1, because PET cannot be affected by high temperature, so can't together with the box body into the microwave oven. To be on the safe side, remove the lid before placing the container in the microwave.
Note: when you put it in the microwave, remove the lid.
Fold the PS
"6 "PS is often used for: bowl of instant noodle box, fast food box.
Don't use the microwave for instant noodles
Use: heat and cold, but not into the microwave oven, so as not to release chemicals due to high temperature (70 ℃ when the release of heat-resistant). And can not be used for holding strong acid (such as orange juice), strong alkaline substances, because it will be broken down to the human body is not good polystyrene, easy to cause cancer. Therefore, you should try to avoid packing hot food in a fast food box.
Note: do not use the microwave to cook a bowl of instant noodles.
Fold the PC
Other types of PCS are commonly used in: kettles, water cups, milk bottles.
Use: A widely used material, especially in baby bottles, that is controversial because it contains bisphenol A. In theory, if bisphenol A is 100 percent converted into A plastic structure during the process of making A PC, then the product is free of bisphenol A, let alone released, said Lin hanhua, an associate professor in the department of biology and chemistry at the city university of Hong Kong. However, if A small amount of bpa is not converted into the plastic structure of the PC, it may be released into food or drinks. Therefore, it is important to be careful when using this plastic container.
Cleaning measures against bisphenol A
The higher the temperature is, the more bisphenol A is released and the faster the speed is. Therefore, hot water in PC water bottles should not be used to increase the rate and concentration of bisphenol A(if any) release. If your kettle is numbered 7, the following methods can reduce the risk:
Do not heat when using.
No dishwasher, dish dryer to clean the kettle.
Keep the kettle out of direct sunlight.
Before the first use, wash with baking soda and warm water and dry naturally at room temperature. Because bisphenol A is released more in the first and long-term use.
If the container has any falls or damage, it is recommended to stop using, because the surface of plastic products if there are fine pits, easy to hide bacteria.
Avoid repeated use of aging plastic appliances.